Garnet Valley Image

Working Papers

Working papers can be obtained from Garnet Valley High School's Guidance Office for all students employed in Pennsylvania during the following times:

· Monday through Friday, 7:00 am - 7:30 am

· Monday through Friday, 10:24 am - 11:08 am (during Enhancement)

· Monday through Friday, 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm

Pick up an “Application for Work Permit” and have it completed and signed by the parent or guardian. A copy of either a Birth Certificate or Passport is also required with the white application form. If you bring your child's birth certificate and/or passport when you pick the “Application for Work Permit” you will have fulfilled the obligations for the work permit and at this time you will receive your blue working paper. This paper will enable you to work in the state of Pennsylvania. Under the New child Labor Law, neither the employer nor the physician will need to sign an application for a work permit.

The new work permit will apply to all minors age 14 through 17 and can be used for more than one employer. The permit will certify that the holder personally appeared before the issuing officer, must be signed by the holder in the presence of the issuing officer.

The Blue Work permit is your personal property. The employer can copy the blue work permit but they must return it to you.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.